In our holidays in Antalya we decided to spend not just inside hotels, even they were attractive. When I travel, I prefer to discover historical places, get new knowledge about every new city. So, when we arrived to our first 5* hotel in Antalya I directly told Dogu: "I hope you know, we will not stay 24 hours in a day in this hotel!" His answer (of course!) was positive. In few days we rented a car and went to city center.
My love prepared for me surprise: place, which I "definitely would like." That special place must have been Antalya Castle: perfect from outside, but still novel from inside. We couldn't come inside that building, because of one important point: while going to that place we passed Old town Grand Bazar. Shopaholic inside me woke up very fast, and I couldn't stop myself. I think, we checked most of the stores in that big market. And I didn't just check, I also replenished my and Sasha's wardrobe with modern sport clothes. During our walking in Grand Bazar I learnt two important things:
· There possible to buy just sport clothes, snickers. Tourists, who prefer to wear official clothes will not find anything useful in this market. For such kind of purchases better to go in Lara region. There many huge malls, which sell brand items. We didn't visit those malls, since we didn't have enough time.
· Tourists should bargain. In one store we found many needed clothes: narrow jeans, sport costume for Sasha, sport pants for me. Quality of those clothes was perfect. My communicative man, till I checked different products, started to talk with seller. While their long speech Dogu learnt that price on the clothes for tourists most of the sellers make higher, than for Turkish people. To understand, who is real Turkish, and who came from other countries for them is easy. And for this even no need to open a mouth...
It was about 3 p.m. We just finished our shopping, and continued to move to our destination. However, in the middle of our route we met one guy, who made an advertisement of Yacht Trip. After checking program of the trip (mini cave Pirate, Bosporus cave, Aqua beach some parts of Lara, Konyaltti, and Phalesis) we decided to try this attraction...
Perfect knowledge of Turkish language (thanks Dogu) made positive effect on the price: for 3 tickets we paid 25$. For tourists couple it coasted 50$. Our Yacht travel took about 45 minutes, but we spent much time on the cost for waiting other tourists.
Before leaving the Yacht there was a surprise waiting for us: our photo in attractive frame. Of course we bought it:)
After our short excursion was finished, time showed about 5 p.m.: we missed time for visit our desired Castle, but it was too early for return to hotel. Dogu offered me to visit Kemer: road there takes about 50 minutes. Before I heard about this town, that it has very attractive nature and it full of Russian tourists. It was enough to make me wonder, and very soon we were driving to green pretty Turkish town.
From Antalya to Kemer better to go from seafront: view there perfect, time will past quickly
We didn't check Kemer in details, but the most important points we caught:
· Kemer - perfect place for picturesque photos: mountains, Mediterranean Sea, green areas make perfect background.
· Center of the city - Marina, where many Yachts, restaurants, souvenirs stores. There are also small markets, which were selling some clothes and souvenirs. There were no big malls: for productive shopping better to move in Antalya.
When we came to Kemer's city center there was about 6 p.m., and it was almost empty!
· Kemer has big public beach, where possible to rent towels, chaise-longue, order food or cocktails. People, who prefer more active rest can order parasailing, try water ski or water bike, organize boat trip. Sea water there (we visited Kemer in the end of September) was warm and calm.
· There is just one night club in the Kemer - Inferno. It is one of the most famous club in Antalya. Every year foreign singers, DJ, dancers are welcome to the Inferno for making night life in Kemer more attractive. However, no need to forget about hotels in Kemer: some of them have their own night clubs.
After Kemer we sat in the car, and full of new impressions and new pictures backed to our hotel. I don't think, that in future I will back to this town, but I am sure, that in the next year we will visit Antalya Castle!